Beyond ordinary PCB CAD
14 April 2014
A trial of
a potentially much faster DRAFT is available for Vutrax 13.5a.
Recent Changes, Mailing lists, etc.
View-Tracks) is the major professional
Electronics schematic and PCB (Printed circuit board)
in the UK. The product was the first EDA package
offered for personal
computers, having a pedigree back to 1981 when it was
created for use
by in-house draughtsmen. This modern product offers
functionality to formal workstations but at a fraction of
the cost. There
are now thousands of systems in use worldwide designing
from the seabed to satellites.
VUTRAX is available now for Windows 95, Windows 98,
ME, Windows NT 3.51, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000,
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8
variants. An unsupported Linux Version is also
available that works with most x86 based distributions.
A limited capacity FREE version can be downloaded
any platform. This can be upgraded to
various levels by our supplying a customisation file.
The Pricing tab in the left column describes the
options, including details of the Free, Bundled
and Professional configurations.
Downloads are grouped in the left column under Individual
Commercial customers are normally supplied software on
CD-ROM which includes Windows and Linux
Aids such as an adaptive toolbar, pop-up context
sensitive local menus (right button), quick access to
recently used operations, and an integrated tutorial and
practice environment, promote early learning
The system is highly modular, and can be customised
from a simple schematic entry system to a fully
fledged 100% autorouting PCB layout system with direct
output to photoplotters and CNC drilling &
milling machines. You need only buy the facilities
required, and can upgrade as needs change.
Vutrax includes a selection of advanced routers, design
checkers, automated updating of
modifications on the PCB back onto the schematic (and
the reverse), and numerous interfaces to
simulators, photoplotters including RS274X, CNC drilling
& Milling machines, and other equipment
used by the PCB industry. Extensive libraries of
schematic symbols and multiple forms of PCB
footprint are provided.
The product includes complete context sensitive tutorials
and technical documentation. If you prefer
the personal approach, individually tailored training
courses from elementary to advanced can be
- Integrated Schematic Capture.
- True WYSIWYG operation throughout.
integrated with the
in familiar 'Browser' style (Internet
connection not required) including
many practice and example
- Design for modern PCB technology
includes Surface Mount, Gluespots,
Blind and Buried Vias, Microvias,
Components on both sides, pick and
- Bidirectional Modification with integrity.
- Selection of Autorouters including orthogonal, ripup
retry, and Shape Based styles.
- On-line and Off-line Design Validation.
- EMC compatibility Checking.
- Capabilities for RF and Microwave Design.
- Extensive libraries of schematic symbols and component
footprints are provided. A single
schematic symbol can refer to the full range of the
devices' packaging options, so you can take
advantage of packaging advances without the reworking of
schematics. Extensive search options
help you find what you need.
- A single graphics editor (with mode sensitive options)
is used for library, schematic, placement
and routing, greatly reducing the learning time.
- Virtually infinite Undo/Redo capability.
- Choice of Metric or Imperial basic coordinates, but
accepts coordinates of either type at all
times. Resolution is 0.0001" (0.1 mil) / 0.0025mm
- Mechanical Drawing, including dimensioning using the
tools. You can even mix
Schematics, PCBs and mechanical in the same documents.
- Use of any Windows TrueType font, even for
- Settings can be preserved on the basis of Projects,
Users, or both.
Selected Specialised Utilities:
- Powerplane and Groundplane generation.
- Automatic Component Renumbering of PCBs and
- 3D View of the PCB.
- Gluespot and Testpoint (ATE) Analysis.
- Gerber RS274X or explicit aperture Photoplot output,
plus output and Decoding of this and
- CNC drilling and milling outputs in numerous formats.
- Groups of settings for Plotting, Photoplotting and CNC
sets for multilayer, buried VIAs etc. can
be stored for rework, modification, or imported into
- Numerous linkages to 3rd Party Software including
AutoCAD (DXF), CNC, ATE, Pick &
Place, stock control, logic & analogue simulation,
import of various other CAD system data.
Interfaces for the Electra
advanced auto-routers are also available.
- A Bitmap Import utility suitable for line drawings,
Logos, Signatures, etc.
Recommended Computer Configuration
- Recommendations Configurations
- Pentium 233 or better with RAM requirements as
recommended for the operating system.
- Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT
Windows NT 4.0,
Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows XP, Windows
Vista, Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8,
include X64 (64 bit) variants.
- CD-ROM or Network access to the files, 1GB of Hard
Two button Mouse, VGA
graphics at minimum, Windows printer, ports for any
attached PCB artwork plotter.
An outline of the modules is included in the sections
[Schematic Entry] onwards. If you have any
questions or comments please don't hesitate to mail us
further Information, please e-mail us here
Computamation Systems Limited.
9a Lower Way, Great Brickhill, Buckinghamshire, MK17 9AG,
Tel: 01525 261 381
Mobile: 07968 536 068
Fax: 0871 528 4646 (Fax calls cost 10p/min)
Vutrax is a registered trademark of Computamation Systems